Skill Proficiency: Insight (Int); Persuasion (Cha)
Tool Proficiency: Artisan Tools
Languages: Pick any two
Equipment: Fancy clothes, a ring with a signet, a belt pouch containing 50gp.
Feature: Wealthy Parents
Whether you hate them, or they hate you your parents are still well known in the lands and have some sway. You can use this to your advantage. Although your parents probably won’t give you gold now that you are an adventurer, people in cities will have heard of your name (their thoughts on that can vary wildly). If used right this can get you a meeting with a council member or even get out out of jail for a night. Just make sure you don’t get captured for ransom.
- Calm and collected you pull strings to get things your way.
- You act with a fiery temper, not used to repercussions.
- You shun your wealth and are fascinated by commoners.
- Your family has fallen on hard times and you loathe being a commoner.
- Though you always try to help you hate getting your hands dirty.
- You were coddled so you are still ignorant of many things and strive to learn more.
- Growing up in a library you have en erudite knowledge of how the world works, but rarely practical uses come out of it.
- You are a noble that unwillingly became an adventure and are still unsure about this twist in life.
- You will do anything to get your way and gain your family fame Neutral
- You are an upstanding citizen, You uphold the proletariat ideals of the kingdom. Lawful good
- You have decided to make a name for yourself no matter what.
- Having seen The excess of your upbringing you seek to bring down “the system”. Evil
- When you don’t have to work, life becomes all about pleasure.
- You see yourself more as a diplomat than an adventure, and resist combat when you can.
- You know the secret of where an ancient family treasure is buried.
- The political scales no longer favour you, and you are going to change that.
- You are out to prove yourself as the rightful heir to your family’s wealth.
- You have shunned all your wealth and seek to get revenge on your family for a terrible act they committed.
- Child of a rich merchant you are seeking to get the titles you deserved. Even if you have to kill for them.
- You have disgraced your family and have been cast out.
- You see everything as belonging to you.
- When you have deemed somebody “Below you” you are kurt and impolite to them.
- You care more about money and reputation than the affection of your friends.
- You have few strongly held beliefs and change yourself and your goals constantly, abandoning them when they get too hard.
- You have almost no idea how the world works.
- You don’t even a little bit grasp the concept of consequences.
Contributions by James Musicus and Q Hendricks
Changelings are a humanoid race who possess a shapeshifting ability similar to doppelgangers. Abuse of their shapeshifting talent for espionage and assassination has in led the Changelings to being mistrusted amongst other races. Changeling do not duplicate a person’s appearance, but create a whole new identity when taking on a race’s form. It is not uncommon for changelings to aggregate multiple disguises and personae in case one becomes compromised.
Their natural form can appear somewhat ghastly to other races, given their almost featureless faces and skin in shades of white and grey. They have large, single coloured eyes with no pupil. Their noses are small and subtle with no detail. A Changeling’s hair is often silver or white as pale as their complexion, with a hint of blue, pink or green hue. Their bodies are thin and smooth, similarly hairless as an elf.
There is an unfounded rumour amongst commoners that attractive escorts and adult entertainers are secretly male Changelings.
Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma score increases by 2.
Age. Changelings mature a little faster than humans, reaching adulthood at 15. On average, they live about as long as humans do.
Alignment. Changelings tend to be neutral, favouring individual choice over strict creed or law. They avoid unnecessary risk, and direct confrontation unless they feel the reward is worthy.
Size. Changelings tend to be slender beings with an average weight of 140 lbs and heights between 5’ and 6’. Your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Change Shape. As an action, you may take the form of any medium sized humanoid race. The transformation is painful, and doing so causes you 1d4 damage.
Changeling Trick. While using the change shape ability, creatures have a disadvantage on checks trying to see through your disguise.
Mental Defense. You have advantage on saving throws against Charm spells and cannot be put to Sleep by magic.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and one other language of your choice.
Subraces. Three main philosophies of Changelings have emerged as predominant groups. They are referred to as Passers, Becomers, and Reality Seekers. Passers choose not to employ their Changeling abilities and choose only one appearance. Becomers use their abilities to it’s full extent, constantly changing appearance to stand out or blend into different societies. Reality seekers prefer their natural Changeling form and aim to advance and improve the Changeling community, reclaiming it’s name from the current reputation of cowards and tricksters. Choose one of these subraces.
Altering your appearance comes almost as easily to you as changing your clothes. Becomers believe that Changelings don’t have a singular appearance, and therefor can inhabit multiple identities as well. As a becomer, you feel that Passers aren’t using the gracious gift that has bestowed upon on your race.
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 1.
Chameleon. You can alter your complexion to help blend into your surroundings. You have advantage when making stealth and deception checks to hide.
The group called reality seekers believe that there is a great truth that Changelings can discover. They do not shy from appearing in their true natural form as Passers do, and are proud to exhibit the progressiveness of Changeling society. As a reality seeker, you are the closest thing Changelings have as a liaison to other races.
Ability Score Increase. Your Intelligence score increases by 1.
Foreign Scholar. Choose an additional language to write and speak.
Tool Proficiency. You gain proficiency with the Navigator’s tools.